WANG, Xiao, Ph.D. Student
B.A. in Journalism Studies, University of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (the former China Youth University of Political Studies), Beijing, China
M.A. in Cognition and Communication, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Phone: (852) 3943-7713
Fax: (852) 2603-5007
Cross-cultural Cognitive Psychology, Social Network Analysis (SNA) and Chinese Guanxi, Psychophysiological Measurement of Cognitive and Emotional Processing of Media, Mediated Hooliganism.
Refereed Journal Article:
- Wang, X. (2016). You process content and I process context: Cross-platform divergence of retweetability between Twitter and Weibo. Journal of Media, Cognition and Communication (Tidsskrift for Medier, Erkendelse og Formidling), 4(2):5-30.
- Wang, X. (2015). Reciprocal intermedia agenda-setting between microblog and mass media: 2012 CE election in Hong Kong as a focus event (微博與大眾媒體媒介間議程設置效果的交互性：以2012香港特區特首選舉為焦點事件). Journal of Chongqing Technology and Business University (重慶工商大學學報-社會科學版), 32(4):105-116. (In Chinese)
- Wang, X. (2013). Creative approaches of Metroexpress in Denmark (丹麥地鐵報的創新路徑研究). Southeast Communication (東南傳播), 109:13-16. (In Chinese)
Conference paper Presentation:
- Xia, Y. J., & Wang, X. (2017). An exploratory study on Chinese female college students’ sexual information-seeking via Internet. Paper to be presented at Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, August 9-12.
- Wang, X. (2017). Digitized renqing flowing in a Chinese journalists’ network. Paper presented at XXXVII Sunbelt Conference of the International Network for Social Network Analysis (INSNA), Beijing, China, May 30-June 4.
- Wang, X., & Yao, C. (2016). Fading space for guanxi capital in the digital era: an analysis of financial news journalists’ network. Paper presented at Hong Kong Sociological Association Annual Conference, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, December 13.
- Wang, X. (2016). You process content and I process context: Cross-platform divergence of retweetability between Twitter and Weibo. Paper presented at Annual Conference of Taiwan Academy for Information Society (TAIS, Best Student Paper Award), National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, November 19.
- Wang, X. (2015). Reciprocal intermedia agenda-setting between microblog and mass media: 2012 CE election in Hong Kong as a focus event. Paper to be presented at TAIS’15, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan.