Student Exchange Programmes
There are six student exchange programmes jointly organized by the School and University of Southern California (USC), The University of Texas at Austin (UT-Austin), USA, Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), The Netherlands, Hallym University (HU), South Korea, National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taiwan, and Waseda University (WU), Japan. Each year, a total of 20 to 30 students of the School are selected to study at these universities for one academic year or one semester.
- Before you apply for the exchange programmes, please check the details of host universities and take into consideration your curriculum at CUHK carefully.
- The online application form is available here between 3 October 2019 and 3 December 2019. Late submissions will not be considered.
- There is no interview arrangement for 2020-21 Student Exchange Programmes.
- The placement results will be announced to successful students by email on 31 January 2020.
- Please find frequently asked questions here. For other enquiries, please contact Ms. Yonder Li at 3943 1911 or Ms. Ivy Chow at 3943 3241.
- Students whose expected graduation date is 31 December 2019 are not eligible for any exchange programmes in 2020-21.
- Students whose expected graduation date is 31 July 2020 must submit an application for extension of study period so as to be eligible for exchange programmes in 2020-21. Under normal circumstances, those students are only eligible for exchange in the first term of 2020-21.
- It is compulsory for Journalism and Communication students to do the internship during Year-3 summer break. Please bear in mind that going on exchange in the second term of Year-3 might make it difficult to get internship interviews or offers.
- During the entire study period at CUHK, each student can go on exchange for a maximum of one academic year, i.e. two regular terms plus one summer. Students who have been on exchange for one academic year are not allowed to apply.