Student Exchange Programmes
There are six student exchange programmes jointly organized by the School and University of Southern California (USC), The University of Texas at Austin (UT-Austin), USA, Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), The Netherlands, Hallym University (HU), South Korea, National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taiwan, and Waseda University (WU), Japan. Each year, a total of 20 to 30 students of the School are selected to study at these universities for one academic year or one semester.
- Before you apply for the exchange programmes, please check the details of host universities and take into consideration your curriculum at CUHK carefully.
- The online application form is available here between 5 October 2018 and 4 December 2018. Late submissions will not be considered.
- There is no interview arrangement for 2019-20 Student Exchange Programmes.
- The placement result will be announced to successful students by email on or after 30 January 2019.
- Please find frequently asked questions here. For other enquiries, please contact Ms. Yonder Li at 3943 1911 or Ms. Ivy Chow at 3943 3241.
- Students whose expected graduation date is 31 December 2018 are not eligible for any exchange programmes in 2019-20.
- Students whose expected graduation date is 31 July 2019 must submit an application for extension so as to be eligible for exchange programmes in 2019-20. Under normal circumstances, those students are only eligible for exchange in the first term of 2019-20.
- It is compulsory for Journalism and Communication students to do the internship during Year-3 summer break. Please bear in mind that going on exchange in the second term of Year-3 might make it difficult to get internship interviews or offers.