Student Exchange Programmes
There are nine student exchange programmes jointly organized by the School and University of Southern California (USC), The University of Texas at Austin (UT-Austin), Simon Fraser Univesrity (SFU), Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), University of Navarra (Navarra), Hallym University (HU), National Chengchi University (NCCU), Waseda University (WU), and Chulalongkorn University (Chula), mainly for Journalism and Communication major students. Details of exchange arrangement for Global Communication major students in 2023-2024 will be announced via email.
- Before you apply for the exchange programmes, please check the details of host universities and take into consideration your curriculum at CUHK carefully.
- The online application form is available here between 5 Oct 2022 and 31 Oct 2022. Late submissions will not be considered.
- There is no interview arrangement for 2023-24 Student Exchange Programmes.
- The placement results will be announced to successful students by email in January 2023.
- Please find the supplementary information sheet here. For other enquiries, please contact Ms. Kathy Ng at 3943 7196.
- Students whose expected graduate date is 31 December 2022 are not eligible for any exchange programmes in 2023-24.
- CUHK students who have satisfied all graduation requirements shall graduate. Therefore, students are strongly recommended to check the credit unit requirements of their major programmes and plan in advance of their academic studies so as to go on exchange before earning all credit units required for CUHK graduation.
- It is compulsory for Journalism and Communication students to do the internship during Year-3 summer break. Please bear in mind that going on exchange in the second term of Year-3 might make it difficult to get internship interviews or offers.
- During the entire study period at CUHK, each student can go on exchange for a maximum of one academic year, i.e. two regular terms plus one summer. Students who have been on exchange for one academic year are not allowed to apply.
Special notes on COVID-19:
In view of the pandemic situation, the host universities may announce to cancel their inbound exchange programmes at a later stage. The University also reserves the right to cancel outbound exchange activities should any unforeseen circumstances make it advisable. Students are advised not to make any non-refundable financial obligations in connection with the exchange at this point.