Student Exchange Programmes
There are six student exchange programmes jointly organized by the School and University of Southern California (USC), The University of Texas at Austin (UT-Austin), USA, Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), The Netherlands, Hallym University (HU), South Korea, National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taiwan, and Waseda University (WU), Japan, mainly for Journalism and Communication major students. Details of exchange arrangement for Global Communication major students in 2022-2023 will be announced via email.
- Before you apply for the exchange programmes, please check the details of host universities and take into consideration your curriculum at CUHK carefully.
- The online application form is available here between 6 Oct 2021 and 8 Dec 2021. Late submissions will not be considered.
- There is no interview arrangement for 2022-23 Student Exchange Programmes.
- The placement results will be announced to successful students by email between 19 January and 28 January 2022.
- Please find frequently asked questions here. For other enquiries, please contact Ms. Yonder Li at 3943 1911.
- Students whose expected graduate date is 31 December 2021 are not eligible for any exchange programmes in 2022-23.
- Students whose expected graduate date is 31 July 2022 need to submit an Indication of Intention to Extend Study Period for Exchange (2IESPE) form by 8 December 2021 to Ms. Yonder Li in the School’s General Office and apply for change of study period with RES in May/June 2022. For students who, due to special reasons, cannot avoid going on exchange after fulfilling all graduation requirements, they also need to detail the reasons in the online application form.
- It is compulsory for Journalism and Communication students to do the internship during Year-3 summer break. Please bear in mind that going on exchange in the second term of Year-3 might make it difficult to get internship interviews or offers.
- During the entire study period at CUHK, each student can go on exchange for a maximum of one academic year, i.e. two regular terms plus one summer. Students who have been on exchange for one academic year are not allowed to apply.
Special notes on COVID-19:
In view of the pandemic situation, the host universities may announce to cancel their inbound exchange programmes at a later stage. The University also reserves the right to cancel outbound exchange activities should any unforeseen circumstances make it advisable. Students are advised not to make any non-refundable financial obligations in connection with the exchange at this point.