Student Exchange Programmes - WU
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with School of International Liberal Studies, Waseda University (WU), Japan, in the academic year of 2018-2019.
Under the Programme, the School will select at most 2 undergraduate students to WU for exchange of one academic year or one semester. WU will send the same number of students to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong per year.
The Programme's purpose is multifold:
- To provide students the opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious University in Japan.
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of Japanese people, language, culture, society and college life.
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study (One semester is preferred)
- One year from late September 2018 to late July 2019
- Spring semester from April 2019 to late July 2019
- JLM major students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) students should have a GPA of 3.00 or above. Year 1 students will be assessed by their public examination results.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Apartment ~HK7,700/month
- National Health Insurance, local transport, meals and other living expenses ~HK$6,700/month
- Airfare (economy, round trip) ~HK$3,500
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply scholarships or travel grants through Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- WU will assist students in arranging room and board and giving advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned to CUHK.
- For undergraduate students, Prof. Clement So will be happy to provide advice and consultation on the exchange programme.