Student Exchange Programmes – University of Navarra
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with the School of Communication of the University of Navarra (Navarra), Spain in the academic year of 2023-2024.
Under the Programme, the School will select about two eligible students to Navarra for exchange of one semester. Navarra will send the equivalent number of students from the School of Communication to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Please click here for more information about University of Navarra’s School of Communication.
The Programme's purpose is multifold:
- To provide students the opportunity to study at one of the top universities in Spain.
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of Spanish people, culture, society and university life.
- To offer students the opportunity to learn a new language, Spanish.
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study
- First term from September 2023 to December 2023
- Second term from January 2024 to May 2024
- Journalism and Communication major undergraduate students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) undergraduate students should have a GPA of 2.30 or above.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Housing at Navarra ~€400–€800/month
- Health insurance ~€60/month
- Books and study materials ~€100-€150/month
- Personal expenses (food, transport, etc.) ^ ~€450/month
- Airfare (economy, round-trip) ~HK$11,000
^Personal expenses will vary depending on the individual student's plans for traveling and for entertainment.
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through the Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- Navarra will assist students in arranging local accommodation and give advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned at Navarra to CUHK. Details can be found at RES website.
- For curriculum planning, please consult your academic advisor. For other enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms. Kathy Ng.