Student Exchange Programmes - USC
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism, the University of Southern California (USC), USA, in the academic year of 2018-2019.
Under the Programme, the School will select two to four undergraduate students to USC for exchange of one academic year or one semester. USC will send the same number of students from the Annenberg School to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong per semester.
Please click here for more information about USC Annenberg programmes.
The Programme's purpose is multifold:
- To provide students the opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious schools of communication in USA.
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of American people, culture, society and college life.
- To offer students the opportunity to improve their English proficiency.
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study (One semester is preferred)
- One year from late August 2018 to May 2019
- First term from August 2018 to December 2018
- Second term from January 2019 to May 2019
- JLM major students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) undergraduate students should have a GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Housing at USC (off-campus accommodation*) US$4,000-5,000/semester
- USC Student Health Insurance US$500-700/semester
- Administrative fees, including health center access fee US$450/semester
- Living expenses (local transport, meals, books, and other sundry expenses^) US$5,000-7000/year
- Airfare (economy, round trip) HK$12,000-15,000
*USC shall assist participating students in finding appropriate housing on or near the campus.
^Living expenses will vary depending on the individual student’s plans for traveling and for entertainment.
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through the Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- USC will assist students in arranging room and board and giving advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned to CUHK.
- For undergraduate students, Prof. Clement So will be happy to provide advice and consultation on the exchange programme.