Student Exchange Programmes - UT-Austin
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with Moody College of Communication, the University of Texas at Austin (UT-Austin), USA, in the academic year of 2023-2024.
Under the Programme, the School will select about two eligible students to UT-Austin for exchange of one semester. UT-Austin will send the equivalent number of students to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
The Programme's purpose is multifold:
- To provide students the opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious colleges of communication in USA.
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of American people, culture, society and university life.
- To offer students the opportunity to improve their English proficiency.
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study
- First term from August 2023 to December 2023
- Second term from January 2024 to May 2024
- Journalism and Communication major undergraduate students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) students should have a GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Hostel fee (Youth hostel)(US$20/day) US$4,800-8,000/semester
- International student fee US$125/semester
- Health insurance ~US$1,300-2,700
(depending on the exchange period)
- Living expenses (local transport, meals, books,
supplies and other sundry expenses)^ ~US$1,400-1,900/month
- Airfare (economy, round trip) HK$13,000-18,000
^Living expenses will vary depending on the individual student's plans for traveling and for entertainment.
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through the Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- UT-Austin will assist students in arranging local accommodation and give advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned at UT-Austin to CUHK. Details can be found at RES website.
- For curriculum planning, please consult your academic advisor. For other enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms. Kathy Ng.
- For the updated programme information of Moody College of Communication, The University of Texas at Austin, please visit: https://world.utexas.edu/isss/students/exchange.