Student Exchange Programmes - EUR
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), the Netherlands, in the academic year of 2022-2023.
Under the Programme, the School will select about two eligible students to EUR for exchange of one academic year. EUR will send the equivalent number of students from Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
The Programme's purpose is multifold:
- To provide students the opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious schools in the Netherlands.
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of Dutch people, culture, society and university life.
- To offer students the opportunity to improve their English proficiency.
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study
- Fall Semester: September 2022 to early February 2023 (Exchange students are allowed to finalize the semester earlier.)
- Spring Semester: Early February 2023 to June 2023
- Journalism and Communication major undergraduate students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) students should have a GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Housing at EUR €500–€750/month
- Health insurance ~€55/month
- Books and study materials ~€50-€150/month
- Daily expenses (food, drinks, clothes, going out, public transport, etc.) ^ ~€350/month
- Airfare (round-trip, economy) ~HK$11,000
^Daily expenses will vary depending on the individual student's plans for traveling and for entertainment.
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through the Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- EUR will assist students in arranging local accommodation and give advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned at EUR to CUHK. Details can be found at RES website.
- For curriculum planning, please consult your academic advisor. For other enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms. Yonder Li.
- For the updated programme information of Erasmus School of History, Cultural and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam, please visit: http://www.eshcc.eur.nl/english/exchange/ .