Student Exchange Programmes - EUR
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), the Netherlands, in the academic year of 2019-2020.
Under the Programme, the School will select two to four undergraduate students to EUR for exchange of one academic term or one academic year. EUR will send the equivalent number of students from Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong per semester.
The Programme's purpose is multifold:
- To provide students the opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious schools in the Netherlands.
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of Dutch people, culture, society and university life.
- To offer students the opportunity to improve their English proficiency.
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study (One semester is preferred)
- One Year: September 2019 to June 2020
- Fall 2017: September 2019 to early February 2020 (Exchange students are allowed to leave at the end of December 2019)
- Spring 2018: February 2019 to June 2020
- The School's major undergraduate students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) students should have a GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Housing at EUR* €500–750/month
- Health insurance ~€65/month
- Books and study materials ~€150/month
- Daily expenses (food, drinks, clothes, going out, public transport, etc.) ~€350/month
- Visa and residence permit fees ~€317
- Airfare (round-trip, economy) ~HK$10,000
* EUR shall assist participating students in finding appropriate housing on or near the campus.
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through the Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- EUR will assist students in arranging local accommodation and giving advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned to CUHK. Details can be found at RES website.
- For undergraduate students, Prof. Clement So will be happy to provide advice and consultation on the exchange programme.
- For the updated programme information of Erasmus School of History, Cultural and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam, please visit: http://www.eshcc.eur.nl/english/exchange/ .