Student Exchange Programmes - NCCU
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with College of Communication, National Chengchi University of Taiwan (NCCU) in the academic year of 2019-2020.
Under the Programme, the School will select two to four undergraduate / research postgraduate students to NCCU for exchange of one academic year or one semester. Likewise, NCCU will select the equivalent number of students from their College of Communication to study at The Chinese University of Hong Kong for one academic year or one semester.
The Programme's purpose is twofold:
- To provide students with the opportunity to study at one of most prestigious schools of communication in Taiwan.
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of Taiwanese people, culture, politics, society and university life.
Period of Study
- One year from September 2019 to late June 2020
- First term from September 2019 to January 2020 (Exchange students may contact the course teacher(s) and submit final assignments earlier so that they can return to Hong Kong to catch up with the new term in CUHK.)
- Second term from February 2020 to late June 2020
- The School's major undergraduate and research postgraduate students may apply.
- The priority will be given to undergraduate students.
- Year 2 (or above) students should have a GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Applicants should be proficient in Mandarin.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Hostel fee ~NT$11,000-23,000/semester
- Insurance ~HK$1,200/semester
- Books ~NT$5,000-8,000/semester
- Living expenses ~NT$13,000/month
- Airfare (economy, round trip) HK$2,400-3,000
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- NCCU will assist students in arranging local accommodation and giving advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the NCCU credits they earned to CUHK. Details can be found at RES website.
- For undergraduate students, Prof. Clement So will be happy to provide advice and consultation on the exchange programme. For research postgraduate students, please approach Prof. Saskia Witteborn for advice.
- For the updated programme information of College of Communication, National Chengchi University, please visit: https://comm.nccu.edu.tw/en/admission/incoming02/incoming.