Student Exchange Programmes - HU
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with Hallym University (HU), South Korea in the academic year of 2023-2024.
Under the Programme, the School will select one eligible student to HU for student exchange for one semester. HU will send the equivalent number of students to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
The Programme's purpose is threefold:
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of Korean people, culture, society and university life.
- To offer students the opportunity to improve their language proficiency. (Courses for international students will be taught in English.)
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study
- Fall semester from late August 2023 to December 2023
- Spring semester from late February 2024 to late June 2024
- Journalism and Communication major undergraduate students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) students should obtain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Housing at HU US$650-1300/semester
- Food, books & transportation US$1300/semester
- Other fees^ US$1000/semester
- Airfare (economy, round trip) ~HK$3,000
^Living expenses will vary depending on the individual student’s plan for traveling and entertainment.
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through the Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- HU will provide on or off campus housing to exchange students and give advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned at HU to CUHK. Details can be found at RES website.
- For curriculum planning, please consult your academic advisor. For other enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms. Kathy Ng.
- For the updated programme information of Hallym University, please visit: https://en.hallym.ac.kr/exchange_en/index.do.