Student Exchange Programmes - HU
The School of Journalism and Communication offers a student exchange programme with Hallym University (HU), South Korea in the academic year of 2019-2020.
Under the Programme, the School will select up to two undergraduate students to HU for student exchange for one semester. HU will send the same number of students to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong every semester.
The Programme's purpose is threefold:
- To allow students to gain a firsthand understanding and experience of Korean people, culture, society and university life.
- To offer students the opportunity to improve their language proficiency. (Courses for international students will be taught in English.)
- Credits can be transferred for courses comparable to similar courses offered by the School.
Period of Study
- Fall semester from late August 2019 to late December 2019
- Spring semester from late February 2020 to late June 2020
- The School's major undergraduate students may apply.
- Year 2 (or above) students should obtain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above. Year 1 students will be assessed by their public examination results.
- Applicants should be proficient in English.
Fees paid to CUHK
- CUHK tuition
- CUHK and College Student Union fees
- Housing at HU* US$600-1300/semester
- Food, books & transportation US$1300/semester
- Other living expenses^ US$1000/semester
- Airfare (economy, round trip) ~HK$2,500
*HU shall assist participating students in finding appropriate housing on campus. The housing cost will vary depending on the dormitory they offer.
^Living expenses will vary depending on the individual student’s plan for traveling and entertainment.
University and college subsidies
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for scholarships or travel grants through the Office of Academic Links or affiliated colleges to cover part of their expenses.
- HU will assist students in arranging local accommodation and giving advice on course matters. Upon completion of the exchange, students may apply to transfer the credits they earned to CUHK. Details can be found at RES website.
- Prof. Clement So will be happy to provide advice and consultation on the exchange programme.
- For the updated programme information of Hallym University, please visit: http://english.hallym.ac.kr/.